ANZAC Day traditionally begins with the Dawn Service at the Cultural Centre, a reminder of the dawn landing on Gallipoli in 1915. The call of the kookaburras in the early morning chill gives a distinctive Aussie touch to this special day of remembrance.
5.15 am – 6 am. Suggested arrival: from 4.45 am onwards.
Community Memorial - Cultural Centre Highfields (map below)
Breakfast will be held in the Cultural Centre after the Dawn service has finished. The breakfast will start at approximately 6.00 am The cost is free to all but the sub branch would welcome any donations you care to make.
- Large numbers are expected; members of the general public should arrive from 4.45 am.
- It is suggested you wear warm clothing and bring a torch.
- On-site lighting is provided until 5.15 am.
- Programs are available free of charge upon arrival..
- Please bring bottled water and eat something before your arrival.
Location Maps - Click to enlarge